Precious Holmes of Hillhouse blasted a 53.53 to win the Brooks PR Invitational. She now leads the nation in that event and solidified her spot as the top sprinter in New England this season. Also competing in Seattle was Hillhouse teammate Kellie Davis who finished third in the 800m with a US#6 time of 2:12.47.
Jacob Burcham of Cabell Midland ran a personal best 4:07.20 full mile to finish 2nd at the Brooks PR Invitational on Sunday in Seattle Washington at the Dempsey Indoor Stadium. Brooks-PR-Invitational-Dickson-Burcham-2012 Video
Gabrielle Gray (High Point Central) reasserted her status as one of the country's top sprinters with a strong 60m Dash.
Jonathan Grooms, Webmaster email@example.com (via KYTrackXC.com)
Four athletes from the state of Connecticut will be traveling to Seattle, Washington to compete in the ultra fast Brooks PR Invitational. Precious Holmes (Hillhouse, CT), who is scheduled to compete in the 400m, just set a US#1 mark in the 600m (1:31.23) and a US#2 mark in the 300m (38.56) at the CT State Open Championships. Sydney Over (Windsor, CT) will join her in that event, and ran a tune-up 400m race of 57.39 to win the USATF New England Indoor Track Championships last weekend.
Loads of great performances at the Brooks PR Invite! Check them all out inside! (Photos by John Calderon)
Seven of Florida's top track and field stars received the coveted "golden ticket" to the Brooks PR Invitational. The event takes place Sunday, February 26th, at the Dempsey Center at the University of Washington.
The 2012 edition of the Brooks PR Invitational at the Dempsey in WA looks to be a barn-burner. Final entries inside!
Connor Rog has been garnering a massive amount of headlines this year, and with good reason. The Fairfield Prep senior earned a trip to the Foot Locker National Championships in December, was named the Gatorade Runner of the Year for Connecticut in January, and was recently invited to compete in the prestigious Millrose Games Mile. Life is rapidly changing for Connor as the milestones of his senior year begin to accumulate in the rearview mirror. Despite the hectic schedule required to be a top tier student-athlete, Connor has agreed to chronicle his experiences for MileSplit CT in a series we are calling the “Rog Blog”.
After breaking the state 55m record along with running a 6.82 60m in December, Leshon has established himself as a national contender in the short sprint!
Cousins Marvin Bracy and Levonte "Kermit" Whitfield have been invited to run in the prestigous Brooks PR Invitational in Seattle. Bracy is the reigning FHSAA 4A State Champion in the 100 and 200. Whitfield is the 2011 2A State Champion in the 100. Both will compete in the 60 meter race.
Tretez Kinnaird, junior at Butler High School in Louisville has been invited to the Brooks PR Invitational in Seattle, Washington to be held February 26th.
- Two Mile Run - Haley Pierce (Tatnall) 10:14.54 SB; Wesley Frazier (Ravenscroft School) 10:21.07 SB; Katie Knight (North Central High School) 10:28.50 SB; Emma Abrahamson (La Costa Canyon (SD)) 10:50.80 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Precious Holmes (Hillhouse High) 53.53 SB; Amy Weissenbach (Harvard Westlake (SS)) 57.40 SB; Sydnee Over (South Windsor High School) 55.61 SB; Ariah Graham (Wakefield) 54.72 SB;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Dior Hall (George Washington High School) 8.28 SB; Jordi Munford (Rancho Cucamonga (SS)) 8.68 SB; Daje Pugh (Fairfield High (SJ)) 8.74; Dior Hall (George Washington High School) 8.32; Lateisha Philson (Benjamin Cardozo) 8.46 SB; Daje Pugh (Fairfield High (SJ)) 8.74 SB; Jordi Munford (Rancho Cucamonga (SS)) 8.69;
- 60 Meter Dash - Shayla Sanders (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.21 SB; Gabrielle Gray (High Point Central) 7.46 SB; Myasia Jacobs (Paramus Catholic HS) 7.40; Destinee Gause (Reynoldsburg) 7.50 SB; Kali Davis-White (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.44; MaryBeth Sant (Valor Christian High School) 7.48; Deanna Hill (Lake Highland Prep HS) 7.74 SB; Shayla Sanders (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.26; Myasia Jacobs (Paramus Catholic HS) 7.34 SB; Gabrielle Gray (High Point Central) 7.55; Kali Davis-White (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.44 SB; MaryBeth Sant (Valor Christian High School) 7.45 SB; Destinee Gause (Reynoldsburg) 7.62; Deanna Hill (Lake Highland Prep HS) 7.79;
- 800 Meter Run - Camille Chapus (Harvard Westlake (SS)) 2:10.69 SB; Kellie Davis (Hillhouse High) 2:12.89 SB; Kaela Edwards (Littleton High School) 2:13.83; Reagan Anderson (Tatnall) 2:14.03 SB; Rachel Paul (Sachem East) 2:14.76 SB; Anna Boyert (Medina) 2:16.16 SB;
- One Mile Run - Amy-Eloise Neale (Glacier Peak High School) 4:44.03 SB; Haley Meier (Grosse Pointe South HS) 4:48.10 SB; Carmen Carlos (McGill-Toolen Catholic) 4:48.28 SB; Nikki Hiltz (Aptos High School (CC)) 4:50.55 SB; Allison Sturges (Mountain View High School (CC)) 4:53.87 SB; Heather Bates (Discovery Canyon High School) 4:54.18 SB; Samantha George (Millbrook) 4:54.31 SB; Lily Williams (Chiles HS) 4:54.95 SB; Maddie Meyers (The Northwest School) 4:56.49 SB; Kelly Lawson (La Costa Canyon (SD)) 5:03.61 SB;
- Two Mile Run - Jake Leingang (Bismarck High School) 8:59.66 SB; Darren Fahy (La Costa Canyon (SD)) 9:01.63 SB; Luis Luna (Piner High (NC)) 9:07.83 SB; Kevin Bishop (Monta Vista High (CC)) 9:07.88 SB; Thomas Graham (Cary Academy) 9:08.29 SB; Andrew Gardner (Mead Senior High School) 9:12.18 SB; Connor Rog (Fairfield Prep High School) 9:15.59 SB; Craig Engels (Reagan, Ronald W) 9:18.30 SB;
- 400 Meter Dash - Najee Glass (St. Peter's Prep) 46.06 SB;
- 60 Meter Hurdles - Donovan Robertson (Berea) 7.57 SB; Bruce Barclay (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.91 SB; Devon Allen (Brophy College Preparatory) 7.80 SB; Dondre Echols (Potomac High School) 7.76 SB; Donovan Robertson (Berea) 7.77; Devon Allen (Brophy College Preparatory) 7.83; Bruce Barclay (Boyd Anderson HS) 7.95;
- 60 Meter Dash - Levonte Whitfield (Jones HS) 6.71 SB; Marcus Harris (Eaglecrest High School) 6.83; Leshon Collins (Glasgow) 6.74 SB; Khalfani Muhammad (Notre Dame (SO) (SS)) 6.89 SB; Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) 6.81 SB; Kendal Williams (Stanton Prep) 6.88; Levonte Whitfield (Jones HS) 6.80; Khalfani Muhammad (Notre Dame (SO) (SS)) 6.94; Marcus Harris (Eaglecrest High School) 6.93;
- 800 Meter Run - Zavon Watkins (Liverpool) 1:53.69 SB; Nick Hartle (Centennial High) 1:53.80 SB; Tretez Kinnaird (Butler) 1:55.49 SB;
- One Mile Run - Jacob Burcham (Cabell Midland) 4:07.20 SB; Brannon Kidder (Lancaster) 4:09.11 SB; Mike Marsella (Chariho Regional High School) 4:10.54 SB; Cj Albertson (Buchanan High School (CS)) 4:12.29 SB; Billy Gaudreau (St. Margaret's (SS)) 4:14.25 SB;
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Taije Jordan (Lancaster) 14.14h;
- 100 Meter Dash - Ashley Cunningham (Midlothian) 12.24h SB;
- 1600 Meter Run - Courtney Kriegshauser (Southlake Carroll) 5:07.48 SB; Felice Johnson (Southlake Carroll) 5:08.71 SB;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Taije Jordan (Lancaster) 44.04h SB;
- 4x200 Meter Relay - Lancaster 1:40.97;
- 800 Meter Run - Kristyn Williams (Mansfield Timberview) 2:15.55 SB;
- Discus - Shelbi Vaughan (Mansfield Legacy) 171-10 SB; Kayla Taylor (Mansfield Legacy) 135-5 SB;
- High Jump - Jalia Bennett (Mansfield Timberview) 5-6 SB; Diayja Sheppard (Arlington Bowie) 5-4 SB; Aleah Stigarll (Mansfield) 5-4 SB;
- Long Jump - Jaime Ransom (Lancaster) 17-9 SB;
- Pole Vault - Taylor Long (Mansfield Legacy) 11-0 SB;
- Shot Put - Shelbi Vaughan (Mansfield Legacy) 39-2.5;
- Triple Jump - Ashley Cox (Midlothian) 36-10 SB; S Worlds (Mansfield) 36-9 SB;
- 110 Meter Hurdles - Larron Black (Mansfield Summit) 14.64h SB;
- 1600 Meter Run - Jordan Chavez (Southlake Carroll) 4:19.98 SB; Joe Sansone (Southlake Carroll) 4:21.00 SB; Kyle Scanlan (Southlake Carroll) 4:23.15 SB;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Larron Black (Mansfield Summit) 39.14h SB; Jaren Thomas (Midlothian) 39.34h SB;
- 4x400 Meter Relay - Mansfield 3:20.70; Southlake Carroll 3:22.98;
- Distance Medley Relay - Southlake Carroll 10:32.01;
- High Jump - Roland Sales (Arlington Bowie) 6-6 SB;
- Pole Vault - Josh Sonnen (Midlothian) 15-6 SB; Hunter Carlton (Mansfield Legacy) 15-6 SB;
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Kelsey Roy (Cypress Falls) 14.94 SB;
- 100 Meter Dash - Bria Carter (Cypress Lakes) 12.19;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Kelsey Roy (Cypress Falls) 46.00 SB;
- Discus - Caitlynn Morris (Cypress Lakes) 121-1; Caitlynn Morris (Cypress Lakes) 121-1 SB;
- 100 Meter Hurdles - Danielle Demas (Cypress Creek) 14.42 SB;
- 300 Meter Hurdles - Danielle Demas (Cypress Creek) 44.79 SB; Ruth Amaku (Fort Bend Elkins) 45.04 SB;
- 800 Meter Run - Imani Mark (La Porte) 2:19.65;
- Discus - Georgeanna Felder (Baytown Lee) 125-5 SB;
- Shot Put - Mia Gordon (Cypress Creek) 38-6 SB; Randle Jazmyne (La Porte) 37-0 SB;
- 1600 Meter Run - Diana Evans (Klein) 5:11.00 SB; Kerstin Sheehan (Kingwood High School) 5:12.50 SB;
- 3200 Meter Run - Madi McLellan (The Woodlands) 10:31.51 SB; Sandie Raines (Kingwood High School) 10:52.23 SB; Janae Bottoms (Klein) 11:06.96 SB; Ashley Guidot (The Woodlands) 11:15.19 SB;
- 4x800 Meter Relay - Kingwood High School 9:21.60; The Woodlands 9:25.10;
- Distance Medley Relay - The Woodlands 12:24.30; Kingwood High School 12:29.98;
- Shot Put - N'dia Warren-jaques (Conroe Oak Ridge) 41-9; N'dia Warren-jaques (Conroe Oak Ridge) 41-9 SB;
- 3200 Meter Run - Brad Dohner (Klein Oak) 9:26.18 SB; Jacob Hendrick (The Woodlands) 9:29.15 SB; Pedro Nasta (The John Cooper School) 9:31.45 SB; Chris Mulverhill (Cedar Park) 9:33.52 SB; James McIlwain (Cedar Park) 9:34.67 SB; Cody Campbell (Gunter) 9:35.39 SB; Conner Moncrief (The Woodlands) 9:36.19 SB;
- 4x1600 Meter Relay - The Woodlands 17:59.06;
- Discus - Ryan Carley (Klein Collins) 154-10; Ernesto Trevino (Port Lavaca Calhoun) 150-9 SB; Ryan Carley (Klein Collins) 154-10 SB;
- Pole Vault - Barrett Poth (Klein Oak) 14-6 SB;
- Shot Put - Jonathan Huckins (The Woodlands) 51-7 SB; Jonathan Huckins (The Woodlands) 51-6.5;