Team results state meet Friday
05/13/2018 9:38:47 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Anyone know where to find team results for the 3A and 5A session. The UIL site did not list them with the individual results like the other divisions.
Anyone know where to find team results for the 3A and 5A session. The UIL site did not list them with the individual results like the other divisions.
05/13/2018 10:55:44 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
I was wondering the same thing. Sort of an oversight...
I was wondering the same thing. Sort of an oversight...
05/13/2018 4:00:53 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Aggietom My $.o2 worth: No doubt about it..this is the best track meet held in the US over a 2 day period at the HS level. I think the UIL does a great job of coordinating and putting on a great meet. However there are things we can improve on and do better in my estimation (as limited as that may be) -It might be time to look at another venue. Austin being what it has become is way too congested and crowded to allow for parking/hotels nearby/traffic to allow for a teams to get to the event venue w/o the worry of trying to find parking and ease into the facility for athletes. -Coaches having to pay for entry: This is simply ridiculous and I don't understand why a long jump coach or pole vault coach has to pay for entry. Yes other coaches can wear the wristband loosely and simply slip it off for other to use...But Really..?? at a State Championship meet we as coaches have to scheme about how to get others into the meet..?? -Baylor has good set-up with the parking next to the fb stadium/mulit-lane track...but limited seating..but I would think temporary seating could be added on the east side of the track..? Anyway...its always a great meet/time at UT..but is the hassle of limited parking and traffic congestion becoming too much? congratulations to all who made it and lets think on how we can improve..?
@Aggietom My $.o2 worth:
No doubt about it..this is the best track meet held in the US over a 2 day period at the HS level. I think the UIL does a great job of coordinating and putting on a great meet. However there are things we can improve on and do better in my estimation (as limited as that may be)
-It might be time to look at another venue. Austin being what it has become is way too congested and crowded to allow for parking/hotels nearby/traffic to allow for a teams to get to the event venue w/o the worry of trying to find parking and ease into the facility for athletes.
-Coaches having to pay for entry: This is simply ridiculous and I don't understand why a long jump coach or pole vault coach has to pay for entry. Yes other coaches can wear the wristband loosely and simply slip it off for other to use...But Really..?? at a State Championship meet we as coaches have to scheme about how to get others into the meet..??
-Baylor has good set-up with the parking next to the fb stadium/mulit-lane track...but limited seating..but I would think temporary seating could be added on the east side of the track..?

Anyway...its always a great meet/time at UT..but is the hassle of limited parking and traffic congestion becoming too much?

congratulations to all who made it and lets think on how we can improve..?
05/14/2018 9:10:07 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
If they build the new basketball arena in the south parking lot it will get really bad. Still no team results to be found anywhere I have emailed them and am waiting for a response.
If they build the new basketball arena in the south parking lot it will get really bad. Still no team results to be found anywhere I have emailed them and am waiting for a response.
05/14/2018 10:10:33 AM
Coach
@TxXCCoach I agree, venue needs to be moved or split site. 4A, 5A, 6A at UT 1A, 2A, 3A Texas A&M (new facility), UTA, or Waco Midway? UIL used to do different days or weekends for girl's and boy's. However, according to the UIL the state meet is held on the same weekend/site due to the massive amount of volunteers needed to host it. Love Baylor's facility, seating would be a big issue. Extra wrist band cost is absurd. UIL doesn't charge football coaches to be on the sideline for the regional or state playoffs...
@TxXCCoach

I agree, venue needs to be moved or split site. 4A, 5A, 6A at UT 1A, 2A, 3A Texas A&M (new facility), UTA, or Waco Midway? UIL used to do different days or weekends for girl's and boy's. However, according to the UIL the state meet is held on the same weekend/site due to the massive amount of volunteers needed to host it.

Love Baylor's facility, seating would be a big issue.

Extra wrist band cost is absurd. UIL doesn't charge football coaches to be on the sideline for the regional or state playoffs...
05/14/2018 10:48:28 AM
User
SUBSCRIBER
The point totals are posted under the results page. The boys are found on all on the 6A boys results
The point totals are posted under the results page. The boys are found on all on the 6A boys results
05/15/2018 11:34:57 AM
User
@Agtrack I think the biggest travesty is the ridiculous amount of parking available that is not accessible to the public. Couple this with the outragious cost and then being told if you leave the afternoon session to get a bite to eat or get out of the sun you have to repay for your paid parking. The 3200's need to move back to Thursday night starting at 7pm and all 3200's be run at that time. The evening sessions need to start at 7pm
@Agtrack I think the biggest travesty is the ridiculous amount of parking available that is not accessible to the public. Couple this with the outragious cost and then being told if you leave the afternoon session to get a bite to eat or get out of the sun you have to repay for your paid parking. The 3200's need to move back to Thursday night starting at 7pm and all 3200's be run at that time. The evening sessions need to start at 7pm

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.