What did we get wrong in the Preseason XC All-State Teams?
08/04/2018 11:03:53 AM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
[img]https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Snubbed-630x188.jpg[/img] C'mon let me hear it. What did we get wrong in the Preseason teams? Did anyone get snubbed?

C'mon let me hear it. What did we get wrong in the Preseason teams? Did anyone get snubbed?
08/04/2018 10:11:55 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
I thought my track credentials should have at least earned me an honorable mention, I do sympathize with the fact that I didn't have the most impressive cross season last year, but it does bother me that my arch rival Logan Mitchell whom I've cooked up many a times made it on and I didn't. I'm not going to leave my name as I trust you already are kicking yourself for not putting me on each and every one of the 5 teams.
I thought my track credentials should have at least earned me an honorable mention, I do sympathize with the fact that I didn't have the most impressive cross season last year, but it does bother me that my arch rival Logan Mitchell whom I've cooked up many a times made it on and I didn't. I'm not going to leave my name as I trust you already are kicking yourself for not putting me on each and every one of the 5 teams.
08/04/2018 10:12:51 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Rshumaker14 whoops I thought these were anonymous. That makes what I said less cool.
@Rshumaker14 whoops I thought these were anonymous. That makes what I said less cool.
08/04/2018 10:17:55 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Also my boy Bryce "Door" cook was all state last year and not to give too much away about his summer training, but he fought off a herd of angry goats and endured an attack from a flock of mongoose in the middle of a long run through the mountains. I bet Alex Maier hasn't done that this year. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
Also my boy Bryce "Door" cook was all state last year and not to give too much away about his summer training, but he fought off a herd of angry goats and endured an attack from a flock of mongoose in the middle of a long run through the mountains. I bet Alex Maier hasn't done that this year. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
08/04/2018 10:54:36 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@Rshumaker14 great posts! Reminiscent of the forum's glory days of 2005.
08/05/2018 3:37:09 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=WestWings][img]https://www.whaleoil.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Snubbed-630x188.jpg[/img] C'mon let me hear it. What did we get wrong in the Preseason teams? Did anyone get snubbed?[/quote] Ryan, my dude yeah, not anonymous at all. I feel you would still express yourself regardless of it is less cool. Trust me you’re always in consideration. Maybe I needed more fire for what I hooento have planned for/with you this season. But for real, I did take track seasons in heavy consideration, but the starting point was the 5K PRs and XC races. Sorry, if I didn’t give enough cred for your 4:22 speed.
WestWings wrote:

C'mon let me hear it. What did we get wrong in the Preseason teams? Did anyone get snubbed?

Ryan, my dude yeah, not anonymous at all. I feel you would still express yourself regardless of it is less cool.

Trust me you're always in consideration. Maybe I needed more fire for what I hooento have planned for/with you this season.

But for real, I did take track seasons in heavy consideration, but the starting point was the 5K PRs and XC races.

Sorry, if I didn't give enough cred for your 4:22 speed.
08/05/2018 3:41:49 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Rshumaker14]Also my boy Bryce "Door" cook was all state last year and not to give too much away about his summer training, but he fought off a herd of angry goats and endured an attack from a flock of mongoose in the middle of a long run through the mountains. I bet Alex Maier hasn't done that this year. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he did. [/quote] We are gonna need to pray for Bryce every time he gets a run in. It doesn’t seem like he is doing well with animals on his long runs. OMG, the imagery of your descriptions are too funny.
Rshumaker14 wrote:

We are gonna need to pray for Bryce every time he gets a run in. It doesn't seem like he is doing well with animals on his long runs.

OMG, the imagery of your descriptions are too funny.
08/05/2018 3:52:35 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
[quote=Aggietom]@Rshumaker14 great posts! Reminiscent of the forum's glory days of 2005. [/quote] Hey Coach, I have hopes to get it back to that or better. It’s an under utilized communication, information sharing, and running community tool. Oh yeah, see you Saturday!
Aggietom wrote:

Hey Coach,

I have hopes to get it back to that or better. It's an under utilized communication, information sharing, and running community tool.

Oh yeah, see you Saturday!
08/05/2018 7:59:40 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Aggietom That comment made me sad. I think there could've been some effort put into compiling cross country times with track times. 5K + 1600 + 3200 or something like that but I'm pulling teeth with that comment, y'all do a great job.
@Aggietom That comment made me sad.

I think there could've been some effort put into compiling cross country times with track times. 5K + 1600 + 3200 or something like that but I'm pulling teeth with that comment, y'all do a great job.
08/05/2018 8:04:33 PM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@stickstickstick sad that you've been around that long or sad that I think the posts were like that? Tons of snack talk back in the day! Lots of fake accounts, too.
@stickstickstick sad that you've been around that long or sad that I think the posts were like that? Tons of snack talk back in the day! Lots of fake accounts, too.
08/05/2018 9:17:58 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@Aggietom sad that the forum is relatively inactive now. Social media killed it.
@Aggietom sad that the forum is relatively inactive now. Social media killed it.
08/05/2018 9:44:19 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Anthony Monte..... Young man finished the track season on a high note and is having an awesome summer! We can discuss further over a cup of coffee on Sept 1 at North Lakes Park.
Anthony Monte..... Young man finished the track season on a high note and is having an awesome summer! We can discuss further over a cup of coffee on Sept 1 at North Lakes Park.
08/07/2018 8:24:58 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
@Rshumaker14 arch rival? oof. and yeah you cooked me in the mile a couple times, but the mile isn't a 5k.
@Rshumaker14
arch rival? oof. and yeah you cooked me in the mile a couple times, but the mile isn't a 5k.
08/08/2018 9:15:19 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
definitely enjoyed the "good ole days" ... even back to trash talk on that "other" website.. I remember it in the earlier 2000s (also, my "glory" days)... I agree that social media has done a lot to the forum.. mostly just coaches and upset parents here now..
definitely enjoyed the "good ole days" ... even back to trash talk on that "other" website.. I remember it in the earlier 2000s (also, my "glory" days)...

I agree that social media has done a lot to the forum.. mostly just coaches and upset parents here now..

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.