I used to listen to a mix of hard rock and classical string music to get pumped for a race, but now i find myself being well...desensitized to that mix. Does anyone have any suggestions for a pumped race mix?
- Thrice is a good hard rock band to listen to.
Taking Back Sunday, the usual Eminem pump up songs, etc. worked for me.
- i start off with the garden state sound track then the doors then mozart then back to the doors so l.a woman is the last song i hear before i run. the night before is all beatles. i take this very seriously and listen to the same thing beforte every race.
- 30 seconds to mars-a beautiful lie
- i usually listen to sugar sugar by the archies
- Listen to Strauss\' \"The Blue Danube\" on the way to the meet. Sit in the back of the bus. If it is dark enough (usually it is,) it\'s pretty surreal. I gar-on-tee.
- A little bit of AC/DC (Back in Black) never fails to pump up a runner.
- I made my own mix...It starts with the trailor from without limits the flows into eminem \"lose urself\" then a \"Brand New\" song then something slow like a soft song from gladiator and then it picks back up then slows back down with other songs all geared towards like insoirational stuff. The last song on the mix is a speech from Any Given Sunday but i edited it to where its not a football speech but a motivational one. It\'s pretty good...Anyhow, thats my mix.
- I usually listen to Johnny Cash
- Just kidding
- exlosions in the sky. awesome pre-race stuff
- yeah they did most of the soundtrack for friday night lights
- Van Halen, Eminem, My Chemical Romance, Some rap Cd that my friend made for me, STYX, Dance Dance revolution techno mixes, regular techno/trance music
Black Betty by Spiderbait is my all time favorite running song.
- Anything by Air Supply or Barry Manilow.
Seriously, being older, I like Bruce Springsteen. In particular, the following songs get me going:
Born to Run
The intro to \"Hell\'s Bells\" by AC/DC is pretty good. You hear that a lot at football games (Oakland Raiders) and basketball arenas.
To the guy who said Johnny Cash. I don\'t know about pre-race music, but I saw him in concert about 15 years ago in Dallas. It was probably some of the best money I ever spent.
- dougm is right on!!! Johnny Cash was greatness.
- Willie Nelson>Johnny Cash
I saw Wille Nelson in concert at Billy Bob\'s. Best concert I\'ve probably ever been to.
- Not only a great singer, but Willie is quite a guitar picker...His guitar, named Trigger, is one beat up looking thing. It has a hole where the pick guard apparently once was. Still playing into his 70\'s now he is an icon! Stickman you will be telling your grandkids you saw that legend play!
- Some hardcore stuff where I can\'t understand what they are saying but I\'m sure it has to do with death or something. It gets me fired up and ready to roll.
- Here are a few good songs that may pump you up
Shake A Leg - AC-DC
I Want To Conquer The World - Bad Religion
You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees (haha I like it at least)
Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows
Dream On - Aerosmith
The Days Of The Phoenix - AFI
- Dream On - Aerosmith
- Taking Back Sunday
Explosions in the sky.
Emu/Punk or hard rock
Maybe some rap to go with it