La Porte senior Ryan Schoppe just ran PRs in successive weeks in time trials (4:06/8:48). He and coach Johnson talk with Will about the high school career of one of the best distance runners in Texas history.
They also discuss the challenges of training and waiting for the decision of whether the season will resume or not.
- Ryan Schoppe Talks about running 4:06 (1600m) and 8:48 (3200m) in time trials - 0:30
- Coaching and competing in small community like La Porte, Texas - 4:35
- Building the La Porte program - 8:10
- Challenges staying prepared during season suspension - 9:50
- Training with Cole Lindhorst - 12:45
- Regrets in retrospect with unfinished words or coaching at last meet of year - 17:00
- TDF goals/plans - 21:38
- Coach Johnson talking about coaching an athlete of a lifetime - 24:25
- Transitioning to prepare for cross country season now that track and field is canceled - 27:20
- Ryan talks about hitting splits and focus of running fast in the 4:06 1600m time trial - 29:00
- Joining Texas All-Time type runners in the 3200m with his 8:48 time trial - 32:40
- Shipping Schoppe off to Stillwater - 38:57
- Overcoming adversity through high school career to acquire goals - 48:09