The 2020 track and field season may be over, but before the class of 2020 makes their farewells to high school cross country and track and field, we want to give everyone a chance to salute them one more time! TX MileSplit invites all seniors to tell their stories from the past four years. We will begin posting responses this May through July.
There are a few options for how you submit a senior farewell:
- Answer the questions below in Q&A format.
- Create your own farewell such as a letter to the sport or even utilizing the questions in a longer written format.
- Another creative media piece. Could be an epic video, song, etc. If you choose this please let us know your plans ahead of time so we can discuss further. Don't want you to create something then not be able to post it due to rights issues with music or specific meets.
Email your responses along with some pictures (with photographer names and permissible use) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the email: "Salute to Seniors: (name)". Pictures preferably linked directly from MileSplit or ones that we have permission to use from the photographer.
If you are a Texas high school senior cross county / track and field athlete feel free to participate. If there is a question you don't want to answer then don't sweat it and just answer what you'd like. We are also open to more unique subjects if there is something else you'd like to cover. Remember to keep answers appropriate for publishing.
- What was your most memorable race/throw/jump/vault/moment?
- Who would you consider your biggest competition over your four years?
- What was your greatest accomplishment?
- Who would you consider your biggest role model over your four years competing?
- If you could do it all over again what would you change about your running or field career in high school?
- What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome? How did you overcome them?
- What will you miss the most?
- What advice would you give to younger athletes?
- What influence has your coach had with respect to your performance and overall life goals?
- What are your post-high school or college plans?
- Who would you like to say 'thank you' to?
- Is there anything else you'd like to add?