M-Th Meets Starting Before School Ends
02/05/2019 10:34:39 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I have seen a number of meets starting before school ends on Thursday. It is always a struggle finding a meet on Thursday before Texas Relays but I have seen a number of meets that start at noon. How does your district let you get around it? Is this just something that is ignored? Sorry if I'm opening up a can of worms!
I have seen a number of meets starting before school ends on Thursday. It is always a struggle finding a meet on Thursday before Texas Relays but I have seen a number of meets that start at noon.

How does your district let you get around it? Is this just something that is ignored? Sorry if I'm opening up a can of worms!
02/05/2019 1:40:54 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
Would be curious to know this answer as well. I was under the impression that you cant miss any school time to travel on Thursdays (unless no school Friday)... but like Coach have seen a lot of Thursday meets starting early. We have one out our way out in the middle of nowhere that starts at 4pm.
Would be curious to know this answer as well.

I was under the impression that you cant miss any school time to travel on Thursdays (unless no school Friday)... but like Coach have seen a lot of Thursday meets starting early.

We have one out our way out in the middle of nowhere that starts at 4pm.
02/05/2019 1:50:44 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@panhandlerunner You can miss athletic period to travel but no other school. I think it is just one of those things that isn’t enforced. I don’t see how teams can miss M-Th for early season tournaments but we can’t for a track meet.
@panhandlerunner

You can miss athletic period to travel but no other school. I think it is just one of those things that isn't enforced. I don't see how teams can miss M-Th for early season tournaments but we can't for a track meet.
02/05/2019 2:20:19 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I agree the rule is dumb. Our CC is 1st, and Track 2nd, so for me its no miss @ all :). But you are correct. Team Tennis and Golf are the worst for missing mid week school. Those guys are never in class. I also dont get the "2 Noon Starts" vs a 230 start.
I agree the rule is dumb.

Our CC is 1st, and Track 2nd, so for me its no miss @ all :). But you are correct. Team Tennis and Golf are the worst for missing mid week school. Those guys are never in class.

I also dont get the "2 Noon Starts" vs a 230 start.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.