Jesuit-Sheaner Press Release -
The 56th Annual Dallas Jesuit-Sheaner Relays, March 26-27th, 2021 will host some of the AREA's and the STATE's top high school track & field teams and athletes. It will be a preview of the 2021 State Meet with many of the area's nationally ranked athletes and relay teams in action.
Although, because of UIL limitations, there will not be the typical out-of-state entries and teams from other parts of the state it will be a GREAT MEET for track & field fans to see.
TEAMS ENTERED, BOYS & GIRLS:
Dallas Ursuline Academy
partial entries from Melissa and Mansfield Lake Ridge
The DeSoto girls' are ranked first or near first in all three relays, and with their outstanding hurdlers, jumpers and sprinters, they are favored again to repeat as 2021 6A UIL State Meet Team Champions. Duncanville and Cedar Hill girls will challenge in the relay events. TEAMS WITH STRONG RELAY TEAMS WIN STATE MEETS. Good events to see in this meet.
In the Boys Division, Duncanville, with its strong relays and individuals, will contend for the team championship as well as the UIL STATE MEET 6A team championship. Lancaster, DeSoto and Cedar Hill also have strong relay teams that will challenge.
The state's top ranked and nationally ranked distance runner is entered in the meet. Melissa's Judson Greer ran the 1600 meters earlier this year in a time of 4:10.6 which is less than three seconds off the Jesuit-Sheaner Relays meet record 4:08.4 set in 1967 by Robert Gonzales of Falfurrias, Texas. This is another interesting race to see.
More Meet Highlights
- Jalaysi'ya Smith, Desoto placed 2nd in the 100m hurdles at the 2019 UIL State Meet as a sophomore and is currently ranked #1 in TX and US#4
- Brya Brewer, Cedar Hill ranked US#1 in the Triple Jump 41'2.5
- Diallo Good, Cedar Hill ranked US#7 in 100m 10.55
- Pierre Goree, Duncanville ranked TX#7 in 200m 21.38Jaelyn Davis-Robinson, Desoto ranked TX#8 in 200m 21.43
- Judson Greer, Melissa ranked US#2 in the 3200m 8:49.29and US#4 in the 1600m 4:10.06
- DeSoto Girls are ranked US#4 in the 4x100 - 41.73, US#7 in the 4x200 - 1:40.40 and US#4 in the 4x400 - 3:51.37Duncanville Girls are ranked US#4 in the 4x200 - 1:39.85Cedar Hill Girls are ranked US#9 in the 4x200 - 1:41.23
- Duncanville Boys are ranked US#3 in the 4x100 - 40.96