Arlington Martin has a new coach with a new approach - Jason Grennier, but this isn't his first time doing this. Grennier talked to MileSplit about his experience of entering a new program and how he has approached the situations.
Grennier has served stints at Lewisville Hebron, Prosper, Cedar Park, and now at Arlington Martin. In 15 years of coaching, he has coached individual state champions and teams that have qualified for both state and Nike Cross Nationals (NXN), and individual Foot Locker Nationals qualifiers.
He is currently in his first year at Arlington Martin. Listen to how he breaks down his approach and what he has observed and learned about the process.
Coach Grennier Conversation:
- 0:37 - Tapping into tradition and creating culture
- 2:01 - Getting athletes at to buy into new process
- 3:48 - First thing needed to turn a program around
- 5:32 - Checklist to focus on at a new program
- 7:05 - Arlington Martin progress