6A State Meet Predictions
05/08/2018 12:37:54 PM
User
Looking forward to another great state meet. Here are my predictions about the top four in each of the distance races as well as the winning time of each race. I am most looking forward to the girls' 800 and the boys' 3200 as I think that those races will be decided on the final straightaway. Boys: 800: Winning Time 1:51.5 1. Sean Prendeville 2. Jacob Egan 3. Christian Gilmore 4. Xavier Wolf 1600: Winning Time 4:08.5 *Fastest of the day* 1. Wes McPhail 2. Eric Casarez 3. Carter Storm 4. Ryan Schoppe 3200: Winning Time 8:58 *Fastest of the day* 1. Eric Casarez 2. Cruz Gomez 3. Jarret Kirk 4. Ryan Schoppe Girls: 800: Winning Time 2:10.0 1. Izzy VanCamp 2. Keaton Morrison 3. Wonders Oguejifor 4. Jenelle Jaeger-Darakjy 1600: Winning Time 4:50.0 *Fastest of the day* 1. Quinn Owen 2. Heidi Nielson 3. Laura Fairchild 4. Brynn Brown 3200: Winning Time 10:24.5 1. Ashlyn Hillyard 2. Sophie Lasswell 3. Heidi Nielson 4. Eva Jess
Looking forward to another great state meet. Here are my predictions about the top four in each of the distance races as well as the winning time of each race.

I am most looking forward to the girls' 800 and the boys' 3200 as I think that those races will be decided on the final straightaway.

Boys:

800: Winning Time 1:51.5
1. Sean Prendeville
2. Jacob Egan
3. Christian Gilmore
4. Xavier Wolf

1600: Winning Time 4:08.5 *Fastest of the day*
1. Wes McPhail
2. Eric Casarez
3. Carter Storm
4. Ryan Schoppe

3200: Winning Time 8:58 *Fastest of the day*
1. Eric Casarez
2. Cruz Gomez
3. Jarret Kirk
4. Ryan Schoppe

Girls:

800: Winning Time 2:10.0
1. Izzy VanCamp
2. Keaton Morrison
3. Wonders Oguejifor
4. Jenelle Jaeger-Darakjy

1600: Winning Time 4:50.0 *Fastest of the day*
1. Quinn Owen
2. Heidi Nielson
3. Laura Fairchild
4. Brynn Brown

3200: Winning Time 10:24.5
1. Ashlyn Hillyard
2. Sophie Lasswell
3. Heidi Nielson
4. Eva Jess
05/14/2018 11:13:50 AM
User
@FastHorse So the State Meet has come and gone and another year of my predictions have gone by the wayside. The 6A Boys was my worst division predicted this year as I had 0 winners identified (in fact, in the 6AB 1600 I only hit one on the medal stand). I totaled 51 points with a delta total of 33 (perfect predictions yields a 30 point score with a delta of 0) and was 17 seconds cumulatively off on winning times. I think Casarez had a bad day, which hurt my predictions and Kirk was hit or miss all year long and unfortunately was a miss on Saturday morning. I also think that after Schoppe nailed a perfect 3200 on Saturday morning that he mailed it in a little bit on Saturday night in the 1600. The 6A Girls went a little bit better for me than the boys. I only hit on one winner, but generally if I predicted a runner to place in the top 4, they did. I also identified the winning times much more accurately in this division. I scored 33 points with a delta of 17 points (again, perfect prediction is 30 points with a 0 delta). My winning times were only 3 seconds cumulatively off of the actual winning times. I was happy to see Lasswell come out and dominate the 3200, she is a strong runner, would love to see her vs. Culbreath on the track right now. QuinnO closed out a great high school career with back-to-back 6A 1600 titles, a really fun and versatile runner to watch over the last 3 years. And I am excited to watch VanCamp next year. It seemed like her Keller teammates got a little complacent this track season and after Izzy came up just short of her goal this year, I am excited to see what she does next year. I predict really big things and hopefully we get a showdown with Goggans at some point next year.
@FastHorse
So the State Meet has come and gone and another year of my predictions have gone by the wayside.

The 6A Boys was my worst division predicted this year as I had 0 winners identified (in fact, in the 6AB 1600 I only hit one on the medal stand). I totaled 51 points with a delta total of 33 (perfect predictions yields a 30 point score with a delta of 0) and was 17 seconds cumulatively off on winning times. I think Casarez had a bad day, which hurt my predictions and Kirk was hit or miss all year long and unfortunately was a miss on Saturday morning. I also think that after Schoppe nailed a perfect 3200 on Saturday morning that he mailed it in a little bit on Saturday night in the 1600.

The 6A Girls went a little bit better for me than the boys. I only hit on one winner, but generally if I predicted a runner to place in the top 4, they did. I also identified the winning times much more accurately in this division. I scored 33 points with a delta of 17 points (again, perfect prediction is 30 points with a 0 delta). My winning times were only 3 seconds cumulatively off of the actual winning times. I was happy to see Lasswell come out and dominate the 3200, she is a strong runner, would love to see her vs. Culbreath on the track right now. QuinnO closed out a great high school career with back-to-back 6A 1600 titles, a really fun and versatile runner to watch over the last 3 years. And I am excited to watch VanCamp next year. It seemed like her Keller teammates got a little complacent this track season and after Izzy came up just short of her goal this year, I am excited to see what she does next year. I predict really big things and hopefully we get a showdown with Goggans at some point next year.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.