Hutto meet results 8oo meter v girls results wrong !!

• louis brown
    User
    buttercup
    the results for varsity girls 800 meter run are wrong,anybody there (ecept the people who were suppose to be keeping things in order ,that would be you hutto!!)could clearly see that 3rd place was hendrickson,4th place was pflugerville,it wasnt even close,there was a 30 yard gap between the two.
  • User
    Insider
    chansen
    Question of the day is how did you do with all the sage advice you've seen here? Is it working better?
  • louis brown
    User
    buttercup
    @chansen doing more long runs now after advice,can tell i needed it for the finish.first meet at kyle lemann went 2:22,this one 2:24 not what i wanted ?but will keep adding milage to workouts,and go from there.thanks
  • louis brown
    User
    buttercup
    @chrisschrader I agree,i could tell they had more endurance for sure,and were able to finish strong.clearly doing the right things during practice,looks like there coach knows what to do,something i dont have.could tell they are doing milage wich i will work in to my workouts also to help on the endurance side ,speed is there.last year at rouse ran toe to toe with her we both ran 2:21 ,she won by tenths.here was our workout this week

monday -2 400/ 2-300 /1-200
    tuesday-no practice because of taxt test next day ????
    wed- 5 -400s at 1:20 each
    thur -no practice day before meet.
    fri -meet?
    so as you can see by this weeks workout at school,how much i will need to work on my own,if i ever want to improve my time.thanks
  • Coach
    panhandlerunner
    @buttercup

just because there is no practice, doesnt mean you cant run on your own.

400s@ 1.20 pace. no sense. run them negative split style. start 1:11 (your pace), then a 1:09, 1:08, 1:07, 1:06.

if your going to run 1.20 pace, head out on the road/grass and get in 3-4 miles.

and i have to agree with chris on your race strategy.

for a 2:24, a 1:05 would be followed up by a 1:19. much better to run 1:10/1:10.
  • louis brown
    User
    buttercup
    I agree, and we do on tuesday went out after school and did 2 mile run ,worked out last sunday also,
    there is no way i would be even were im at if all i did was the school workout!!I always have to supplement
    the school workouts.
  • Coach
    panhandlerunner Edited
    @buttercup

mine run the day before a meet. always.

before these invitational meets, we do some easy mileage runs with some strides or acceleration 200-300s thrown in at the end. it doesnt matter much if youre 100% rested for the po-dunk invite. our season isnt long enough to be able to take 1 day a week off EVERY WEEK completely.

and we use the smaller meets as training. i have a couple of state xc qualifiers, but we are my no means ELITE. but this week (if the snow holds off) i have an 800 girl running the 3200 (over distance), an 800 boy running 400/200/Mile relay (he is on the MR to begin with), another 800 boy running the mile and mile relay, etc.

before district, regionals, state, we take the day taht is 2 days before off or extremely light (of course you are tailoring the plan to be fresh) and then run the day before.

everyone has their own theory. i DO think you need a day of rest every 10-12 days though. assuming you are taking care of the little things along the way too.
  • User
    2fast4me Edited
    @buttercup I agree with these guys. Everyone has there own way of getting runners to perform at their best. I saw that race at Hutto. The Hendrickson kid looked a little tight on the back stretch, but was clearly ahead of the young lady from Pflugerville High. How well/hard does she train in practice? Does she hold back or give it her all? Try even different activities on the weekends... bike riding, swimming, those are good change ups.
  • louis brown
    User
    buttercup
    @2fast4me She trains hard in practice,recently started doing way more core work than used to,also started doing more /longer runs,thanks to advice from coaches on boards,realized she needs more of that ,which we weren't doing,that should help on the finishes.thanks for advice,well try it to.