PLANNING FOR FAST TRACK RACES.
12/14/2018 10:50:41 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Is anyone going to the Arkansas Indoor to run a girls 800m. I have a young lady looking to run a fast 800m, in the 2.12 range or better. In addition is anyone going to the Vandergrifft Qualifiers Meet on the 9TH of March. She is going to try and get a Texas Relays qualifier around 5.10-15 range. Does anyone have any experience with this meet.
Is anyone going to the Arkansas Indoor to run a girls 800m.
I have a young lady looking to run a fast 800m, in the 2.12 range or better.
In addition is anyone going to the Vandergrifft
Qualifiers Meet on the 9TH of March.
She is going to try and get a Texas Relays qualifier around 5.10-15 range. Does anyone have any experience with this meet.
12/15/2018 10:38:14 AM
Power User
SUBSCRIBER
@1500Meters.flosports running 212 indoor will be tough. You just need to ask if any of the good 800 runners from the metroplex are going because the Houston kids typically do UH and A&M. Your girl is in rare company in the 800 btw. She is probably more likely to get a good race at Rice in late March.
@1500Meters.flosports running 212 indoor will be tough.

You just need to ask if any of the good 800 runners from the metroplex are going because the Houston kids typically do UH and A&M.

Your girl is in rare company in the 800 btw. She is probably more likely to get a good race at Rice in late March.
12/15/2018 1:45:57 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Thanks Tom she is one of a kind. We are trying to find competition but our meet schedule is light. We will take her to Aggieland for a 400. Our plan is to try and rotate events once we get to outdoor and not over run her. This way she doesnt get into a rut chasing times. I was hoping the Aggies would have an Olympic development indoor 800, so far no luck. I would like a University to initiate a State Indoor Championship first or last Saturday of Feb/March. based on qualifying times and not based on the size of your school. I believe it will become an instant success.
Thanks Tom she is one of a kind.
We are trying to find competition but our meet schedule is light.
We will take her to Aggieland for a 400. Our plan is to try and rotate events once we get to outdoor and not over run her. This way she doesnt get into a rut chasing times. I was hoping the Aggies would have an Olympic development indoor 800, so far no luck.
I would like a University to initiate a State Indoor Championship first or last Saturday of Feb/March. based on qualifying times and not based on the size of your school. I believe it will become an instant success.
12/17/2018 12:50:34 PM
Coach
@1500Meters.flosports I would be for this, only problem is there isn't really enough time before outdoor starts. We have had to move our district track meet up to the first week of April due to state testing. Makes it really hard to get 8 meets in without having one over spring break, and virtually no options the first weekend of February. I have considered taking my entire team to an Indoor meet, but the dates are so early and the entry fee would be very expensive.
@1500Meters.flosports
I would be for this, only problem is there isn't really enough time before outdoor starts. We have had to move our district track meet up to the first week of April due to state testing. Makes it really hard to get 8 meets in without having one over spring break, and virtually no options the first weekend of February.

I have considered taking my entire team to an Indoor meet, but the dates are so early and the entry fee would be very expensive.
12/17/2018 2:28:12 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
You are dead on Zac. The shortening of the track season has done this. The early February meets are either freezing cold or rained out. Some of the late March ones are rain delayed. Thats why im saying an indoor State meet might be a viable option. We are taking kids to one indoor and maybe two and the kids are not doing it as part of the school team.
You are dead on Zac. The shortening of the track season has done this. The early February meets are either freezing cold or rained out. Some of the late March ones are rain delayed. Thats why im saying an indoor State meet might be a viable option. We are taking kids to one indoor and maybe two and the kids are not doing it as part of the school team.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.