Southlake Carroll Invitational 2014
09/09/2014 10:43:14 AM
User
Some random thoughts from looking at the results from this meet. Carter Blount is off to a great start this year with a win at Marcus One and now with a 15:02 could be on pace to break 15 minutes at Old Settlers. As a Junior, he is right with Colby Lowe, Craig Lutz and Reed Connor as far as his level of dominance in boys of recent years. Southlake Carroll Boy's may have lost the meet but they still made a strong showing without one of their top runners in the race. Jenks's OK boys Wow! 1-4 split of 5 seconds 15:34-15-39. #5 runner at 15:59. #6 and 7 under 16:20. This team is now the favorite at NXN South unless they have some injuries. First time I can remember a school outside of Texas being in the top 5 in this region of NXN never mind the favorite. Hebron girls ran well without Meghan Montgomery adding to the tough Region One mix with Marcus, Flower Mound and Southlake Carroll as schools trying to advance out of the Region to the State meet.
Some random thoughts from looking at the results from this meet.

Carter Blount is off to a great start this year with a win at Marcus One and now with a 15:02 could be on pace to break 15 minutes at Old Settlers. As a Junior, he is right with Colby Lowe, Craig Lutz and Reed Connor as far as his level of dominance in boys of recent years.

Southlake Carroll Boy's may have lost the meet but they still made a strong showing without one of their top runners in the race.

Jenks's OK boys Wow! 1-4 split of 5 seconds 15:34-15-39. #5 runner at 15:59. #6 and 7 under 16:20. This team is now the favorite at NXN South unless they have some injuries. First time I can remember a school outside of Texas being in the top 5 in this region of NXN never mind the favorite.

Hebron girls ran well without Meghan Montgomery adding to the tough Region One mix with Marcus, Flower Mound and Southlake Carroll as schools trying to advance out of the Region to the State meet.
09/09/2014 3:14:08 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Correct me if I'm wrong top 3 from District advance - top 4 from Region to state. If this is true all 4 advance barring injury.
Correct me if I'm wrong top 3 from District advance - top 4 from Region to state. If this is true all 4 advance barring injury.
09/09/2014 9:00:50 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@jbbrown Yes. 4 to state
@jbbrown

Yes. 4 to state

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.